Metzger is hiring. We do “traditional” PR, social media management, online and offline creative, help our clients with SEO and PPC and we design and develop websites. It’s a pretty cool place to work, and we’re looking for an Account Coordinator and Account Executive to join our team.
Our clients typically do “hard stuff” — we focus on companies that work in technology, telecommunications, social media, software, hardware… you get the idea.
We believe truly effective communication is part art and part science. Too much of either is like a kindergartner on a see-saw with the starting high school linebacker — it just doesn’t work. We bring all the elements together — the words, the code, the analysis, and the look and feel. The right tools perfectly balanced deliver the results our clients expect.
If you’re really good at something, it gets in your blood. That’s how we approach the work we do for our clients. We all have AP Stylebooks, and our news releases show it. We send emails at midnight and tweet at 5 a.m. Reporters call us for ideas. We attend CES. We get excited about Google updates, new Macs and Facebook privacy changes. Best of all, we get excited when we help our clients navigate these waters and grow their businesses.
Overview of Job Description: Account Coordinator
Our account coordinators are the day-to-day support on client accounts. You must have excellent time management skills, be deadline driven, have effective written and verbal communication skills and be eager to grow with in the public relations field.
Daily duties include:
- Develop, update, maintain and manage editorial calendars
- Develop, update, maintain and manage media lists
- Create and distribute monthly clipping reports
- Manage distribution services (i.e. BusinessWire)
- Manage online tools
- Develop and manage reporting for clients
- Account maintenance
- Specialized research on tactics for specific clients and projects such as Google Ad Words, social media tools, blogging, etc.
- General and overall support to account teams
- Administrative tasks to support account/client teams and agency
- Entry level to 2 years of experience in a public relations agency experience as an intern or account coordinator position.
- Undergraduate degree in a variety of areas, including but not limited to public relations, marketing, journalism, English, business management, etc.
Overview of Job Description: Account Executive
Our account executives are the day-to-day leads and contacts on client accounts. You must have excellent time management skills, be deadline driven, have effective written and verbal communications skills, and not be afraid to ask questions if you do not understand something.
Daily duties include:
- Attend regular meetings with clients.
- Advise clients on direction, communication needs and image.
- Participate in the team planning and creative processes to develop campaigns and programs.
- Help conceive and draft tactical/strategic plans for clients.
- Assist in the production of communications tools such as project plans, news releases, key messages, brochures, web sites, newsletters, advertisements, etc.
- Work with local and national media to develop relationships, deliver information, respond to informational requests and work collaboratively on news stories related to clients’ field of expertise.
- Lead and assist with formal and informal research projects.
- Collaborate and communicate with other members of the public relations team, including development and training of account coordinators and interns.
- Develop strategic planning and creativity in client service and tactical applications.
- Develop news sense and understanding of trends and issues impacting clients, markets, individuals, etc.
- Must have 2 – 5 years of public relations agency experience as an account coordinator or account executive position.
- Must know how to use Cision or Vocus, news release wire services, Facebook, Twitter, Goggle+, and Pinterest.
- Must have experience creating a media list.
- Must have experience writing and distributing a news release.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, business or a related field of study.
- Experience with high tech, healthcare and energy public relations a plus.
To Apply for Either Position
Send us a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and writing samples.